- Gold has no counter-party risk in a 2008-style crash.
- The continual devaluation of the US dollar is inevitable.
- Gold will eventually return to its true historic role as money.
- The destruction of government balance sheets, continual devaluations, and the widespread implementation of zero interest rate policies probably will result in hyper-inflation.
- Central banks are nearing an inflection point where they no longer can supply the gold necessary to prevent rising gold prices.
- Gold has survived governments, leaders, parliaments, central bankers, economic stupidity, graft, corruption, and wars.
- Investment demand for gold is rapidly accelerating. The western world is in the early stage of a panic and “gold rush.”
- There is growing recognition that many paper gold products are not backed by physical gold.
- Mine supplies are not anticipated to rise for several years, if at all.
- Eastern Central Banks are accelerating their purchases of gold.
- Skepticism about official U.S. gold reserves is increasing.
- Large short positions in futures markets must be reversed or “cashsettled.” (The paper suppression game cannot continue forever.)
- Gold prices are climbing from their December 2015 low in an established bull market.
- Up to $10 trillion (Doug Casey) in U.S. dollars may return to the U.S. and create dire inflationary consequences if global confidence in the dollar fades due to war, politics or economic policies.
- A derivatives disaster is likely. Counter-party risk will rise again!
- Long after most fiat paper and digital currencies have disappeared, gold will be used as money or backing for currencies.
- Gold will rise to $10,000, or far more, depending upon government and central bank devaluation policies. Expect $10,000 in years, not decades. Read: “Buy Gold Save Gold! The $10 K Logic.”
(This list was edited and adapted from an email blast by Tom Cloud).